It’s a new season at Isaiah’s Table. The vegetables donated by Matthew 25 Farm for delivery each Saturday to our neighbors are abundant! We will continue this distribution ministry through October- it’s the best time of year!
We shall begin giving out new socks twice per month again and collect hats, gloves and scarves for the upcoming cold weather. The air conditioner can finally get turned off and we can settle in for what is traditionally the “new program year” in the life of a church. I’m excited to share some new things for this new season:
- We are adding a new study called Bible Talk twice a month, beginning in October after worship. This study will use the technique of “Dwelling in the Word” as a way of engaging with a scripture passage in a reflective and discerning way.
- We will be introducing a simple process for people to commit to a covenant relationship with Isaiah’s Table and we will begin to keep a roll. From this we will be raising up new leadership from the broader community. So exciting!
- We have scheduled monthly fellowship luncheons– September 24, October 29th, and November 26th.
- We are figuring out a distribution plan for winter coats and accessories that have been donated by our friends at Niccoll’s Memorial Church in Old Forge, NY.
- Looking ahead to Advent, we are excited about hosting a Christmas Eve Luncheon so the entire community can gather for Christmas cheer!
Just a reminder that our website makes it simple to give a donation to Isaiah’s Table. All’s you need is a credit card or a Pay Pal account. Any donations will be used to purchase items for our community members in need (such as socks, hats, gloves, personal hygiene items). If you’d rather a donation go toward breakfast food or the food pantry, please indicate that desire.
Hope to see many of you at the Table this fall!
Grace and peace,
Nancy- Grateful Coordinator at Isaiah’s Table